Chairman of the Board: Mitsutaka Kurokawa,
Established as a Legal Entity in 1956, JAWS has a more than 60 year history of serving as a central member of the animal welfare community in Japan and of working with numerous domestic and foreign organizations.
- Public education on animal welfare and activities for the prevention of cruelty
- Subsidizing spay/neuter programs in order to prevent unwanted pets
- Rehoming of abandoned and surrendered animals
- Animal rescue during disasters as well as in animal hoarding cases
- Sponsoring workshops, seminars, and symposium as well as an annual competition for school children writing about their animal experiences
- Public education concerning the Animal Welfare Law and cooperating with the government in reviewing the law
- Operating a call center for animal issues and gathering animal related information both domestically and internationally
5 branches throughout Japan
Much of the activities of the organization are conducted by volunteers centered around the branch offices.
Corporate Members(with right to vote) ￥50,000/unit
Supportive Members(with right to vote) ￥ 7,000
Assistant Members ￥3,000
Youth Members ￥1,000
JAWS receives no government subsidy and is entirely dependent on Membership fees and donations from the public.
Please support our activities. Our office and bank data are listed below.
Zip code 141-0022
FREUNDE 2F, 2-6-5 Higashigotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Please push “2” for the consultation about animals, and “3” for other inquiries.
We have limited number of staff who can speak English, your kind understanding is appreciated.
Click here(Annual Report for FY2021)
1.About our membership
As of the end of March,2022, the numbers of the membership by category.
|Corporate Members(with right to vote)
|Lifetime Members(with right to vote)
|Supportive Members(with right to vote)
Your application for the membership is always welcome. Contact our office at 03-6455-7733.
2.About our activities in FY2021
The Japan Animal Welfare Society Ltd (JAWS UK) was establishied in1956 to raise public awareness and funding to ensure pioneering animal welfare activities in Japan.JAWS UK has been and will be supporting JAWS JAPAN activities as a major patron.
Registered Charity No: 244534 (England & Wales).
Registratered Company No: 855624.
JAWS UK website